RECS International releases renewable directive consultation
The European Commission is reviewing the renewable energy directive (RED) and creating new legislative proposals for the period following 2020 with the possibility of implementing some immediate changes as soon as 2017. In order to coordinate stakeholder and citizen suggestions the commission released a public consultation document for, “the new renewable energy directive (REDII)”.
European stakeholders paid close attention to the RED consultation. The clear focus of the consultation was to find ways in which to empower the consumer and promote demand-side choice for renewable electricity.
RECS International, as a leading stakeholder promoting consumer choice in the electricity market, provided a detailed response to the consultation document. RECS International discussed at length the needs of a more harmonized renewable subsidy system across Europe. The response of RECS International to the consultation document can be seen here.
For more information on the consultation document or the response of RECS International please contact the secretariat.
- Agenda Involving Consumers in the Energy Transition
- GM 17/01 Agenda General meeting 20 March 2017
- GM 17/00 General meeting details 20 March 2017
- AG 17/01 Agenda I-REC Standard Advisory Group Meeting - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meeting details “Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- Agenda "Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International
- The RECS Market Meeting 2015