RECS International releases renewable directive consultation
The European Commission is reviewing the renewable energy directive (RED) and creating new legislative proposals for the period following 2020 with the possibility of implementing some immediate changes as soon as 2017. In order to coordinate stakeholder and citizen suggestions the commission released a public consultation document for, “the new renewable energy directive (REDII)”.
European stakeholders paid close attention to the RED consultation. The clear focus of the consultation was to find ways in which to empower the consumer and promote demand-side choice for renewable electricity.
RECS International, as a leading stakeholder promoting consumer choice in the electricity market, provided a detailed response to the consultation document. RECS International discussed at length the needs of a more harmonized renewable subsidy system across Europe. The response of RECS International to the consultation document can be seen here.
For more information on the consultation document or the response of RECS International please contact the secretariat.
- Pre Agenda Dutch GO Day 14 10 2018
- GO Monitoring Report 2017
- Renewable Good Practice guidance document
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- GO Monitoring 2017 Report
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer