Invitation for Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 2 launch events in Europe and USA
On 21 January in London, 22 January in Brussels and 30 January in Washington, DC the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHGP) and partners are organizing launch events for the updated GHGP Corporate Standard and new Scope 2 Guidance report.
While the launch events will officially take place on 21, 22 and 30 January the real launch of the new report will take place on 20 January. On this day the Greenhouse Gas Protocol will unveil new requirements and quality criteria for the Corporate Standard that resolve ambiguity around how corporations report Scope 2 emissions – those from purchased electricity, steam, heat, and cooling. These new requirements – the most significant updates to the GHGP Corporate Standard in over a decade – strengthen the rigor and consistency of emissions reporting and recognize the diversity of market instruments and supplier arrangements.
The events in Europe have been made possible through the financial and planning support of a number of organizations, including a number of RECS Members.
For more information and a workshop agenda please see the official invitation for the London event here (Note: No more registrations are possible for the London event on 21 January; We are oversold!)
For additional information and the agenda of the Brussels event follow this link
And for the Washington D.C. event the link can be found here
Please note that RECS International Members are welcome to join an Advisory Group meeting prior to the Brussels event, at the same location. For more information follow the link here
- Agenda Involving Consumers in the Energy Transition
- GM 17/01 Agenda General meeting 20 March 2017
- GM 17/00 General meeting details 20 March 2017
- AG 17/01 Agenda I-REC Standard Advisory Group Meeting - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meeting details “Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- Agenda "Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International
- The RECS Market Meeting 2015