20-year RECs deal in US; 10-year GO deal in Europe
The US-based company, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) has signed a 20-year REC deal with a 75MW installed capacity wind farm in Nebraska (USA).
BD will use 30MW of the generation to account for two manufacturing facilities located in Nebraska. BD is best know for the manufacturing of medical equipment and has strong 2015 sustainability goals which encompass its use of renewable energy.
This follows a 10-year GO deal made by Google to power their Finnish data center with Swedish electricity.
RECS International sees these deals as recognition that electricity tracking systems are well accepted by the consumer. We as market players must work with (inter)national policymakers and third-party standard setters to protect the consumer’s choice in electricity product.
More information about the BD 20-year RECs deal click here
More information about Google’s 10-year GO deal click here
- Agenda Involving Consumers in the Energy Transition
- GM 17/01 Agenda General meeting 20 March 2017
- GM 17/00 General meeting details 20 March 2017
- AG 17/01 Agenda I-REC Standard Advisory Group Meeting - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meeting details “Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- Agenda "Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International
- The RECS Market Meeting 2015