20-year RECs deal in US; 10-year GO deal in Europe
The US-based company, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) has signed a 20-year REC deal with a 75MW installed capacity wind farm in Nebraska (USA).
BD will use 30MW of the generation to account for two manufacturing facilities located in Nebraska. BD is best know for the manufacturing of medical equipment and has strong 2015 sustainability goals which encompass its use of renewable energy.
This follows a 10-year GO deal made by Google to power their Finnish data center with Swedish electricity.
RECS International sees these deals as recognition that electricity tracking systems are well accepted by the consumer. We as market players must work with (inter)national policymakers and third-party standard setters to protect the consumer’s choice in electricity product.
More information about the BD 20-year RECs deal click here
More information about Google’s 10-year GO deal click here
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change