In a recent Markets Committee meeting the Association of Issuing Bodies reviewed recent changes and additions to the EECS-GO standardized countries and/or AIB membership countries.
The changes include:
– Federal Belgium, controlling the Brussels capital region, have applied for AIB membership and are undergoing the review process.
– Grexel will no longer be the Finnish registry provider as of the end of 2014. They are to be replaced by a Fingrid registry.
– Greece is tendering for registry software.
– Ireland has appointed Grexel as the new registry software provider.
– Spain is tendering for registry software that is compatible with the EECS hub. The International REC standard will provide a trading platform linked to the national GO until EECS certificates are available.
For more information on the status of other European countries please contact the RECS Secretariat at email@example.com