CEER opens public consultation on "green" electricity
Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER) has opened a public consultation on ‘green’ electricity. This consultation is open until 7 February 2014.
In a recent news alert from CEER it was said that the organization is working, “…towards the implementation of the 2020 Vision for Europe’s Energy consumers… CEER believes that well-informed customers can make better choices”.
We at RECS International applaud CEER for working on behalf of the European electricity consumer. Investigating what is in the electricity consumers best interest can only help to strengthen the European liberalized electricity market.
To meet their goal, CEER has launched a public consultation on green electricity and will publish a, “Status review on customer access to information on energy costs, sources and energy efficiency schemes”.
CEER went on to say that “A more robust disclosure system for green electricity would enable customers to make a well-considered supply choice, based on reliable and consistent information they can trust. Such a disclosure system enhances competition in the energy market by providing more reliable choice which is why electricity disclosure and its main instrument - the Guarantee of Origin (GO) – is essential to creating a voluntary, consumer-driven market for renewables”.
RECS International requests that all informed stakeholders provide their feedback to the public consultation through CEER’s online questionnaire. Responses must be received by February 7, 2014.
RECS International will provide their own response to the public consultation in January.
- GO Monitoring Report 2017
- Renewable Good Practice guidance document
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Implementing Article 19 of the RED II
- GO Monitoring 2017 Report
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016