Transforming energy: Bringing electricity procurement into corporate carbon footprints; Release events for the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance
21 - 22 January 2015
The GHG-P together with RECS International and others will organize workshops to discuss the release of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance document and the larger theme of bringing electricity procurement into corporate carbon footprints.
The workshops will take place in:
London: Wednesday 21 January 2015, 13:00 - 18:00
Brussels: Thursday 22 January 2015, 13:00 - 18:00
On behalf of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and WRI, we are pleased to invite you to one of two European workshops to learn about the new GHGP Scope 2 Guidance. This Guidance represents a four-year global collaboration to harmonize methods for how companies report greenhouse gas emissions from purchased electricity, steam, heat, and cooling (called scope 2 emissions). This clarification as the potential to transform corporate energy procurement practices around the world.
The events will include a presentation by WRI of the new corporate accounting and reporting requirements in the Guidance, followed by an opportunity for Q&A. Attendees will also hear from corporate leaders, government officials, NGOs and market players about how the Guidance will inform corporate GHG reduction strategies, and impact opportunities in regional energy markets.
An official invitation, program and venue will be available in December 2014.
Register to attend the events through the GHGP website: http://ghgprotocol.org/events.
For more information please contact:
Lindsey Longendyke at The Greenhouse Gas Protocol llongendyke@WRI.org
Or, RECS International at email@example.com.
Transforming energy: Bringing electricity procurement into corporate carbon footprints; Release events for the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance documents
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International