What we are
During the liberalization of the electricity sector, the Guarantee of Origin (GO) was presented as the method of tracking renewable energy attributes. This was brought forward in the European directive 2001/28/EC (later revised in 2009/28/EC). We believe that a standardized GO certificate is best if it is standardized in every EU Member State by the European Energy Certificate System (EECS) provided by the Association of Issuing Bodies. We hope that by expanding the EECS system cross-border electricity attribute trading will expand and help to increase the cost efficient production of renewable electricity.
An essential part of a cross-border electricity tracking system is the ability to increase the transparency of an end-users' electricity purchase. We do this by fully utilizing the benefits of a standardized electricity tracking system and allowing market players to trade electricity attributes on an open market. We help define and provide standard end-user claims after the consumption of the main tracking mechanism, the GO certificate.
- Meeting details OMC and RECS GM Madrid September 2018
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015