At RECS International we see our role as bringing order and structure to the certification of electricity. This is done by presenting truthful and factual information to the purchaser of electricity, the consumer, allowing them to make an educated and informed electricity purchase decision. The Guarantee of Origin (GOs) provide the tool for this information transfer via a reliable and transparent 'book-and-claim' system. However, we see a need for greater harmonisation and higher levels of trading to make the cost of the GO match the value of the electricity source. In the long run, we look forward to a pan-European market for renewable energy, backed-up by universally accepted GO certificates.
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015