The voluntary market for renewables is used in almost all highly developed electricity markets. The electricity tracking system is the backbone of the voluntary market for renewables and has been, in Europe, since its inception in 2001. The physical certificate that is bought and sold, trading renewable electricity attributes is the Guarantee of Origin, mandated in the European directive 2009/28/EC to be implemented in all member states.
If you are interested in more explanation of the voluntary market go to What is the voluntary renewable energy market to learn more.
Or find why someone would consumer renewable electricity: Such as their desire to properly disclosure electricity, do correct green house gas accounting or provide themselves with an electricity 'proof-of-purchase'.
Finally please feel free to view the 2011 residual mix figures or learn a bit about the market.
- MiFID II Webinar Slides
- Agenda Involving Consumers in the Energy Transition
- GM 17/01 Agenda General meeting 20 March 2017
- GM 17/00 General meeting details 20 March 2017
- AG 17/01 Agenda I-REC Standard Advisory Group Meeting - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meeting details “Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International
- The RECS Market Meeting 2015