The voluntary market for renewables is used in almost all highly developed electricity markets. The electricity tracking system is the backbone of the voluntary market for renewables and has been, in Europe, since its inception in 2001. The physical certificate that is bought and sold, trading renewable electricity attributes is the Guarantee of Origin, mandated in the European directive 2009/28/EC to be implemented in all member states.
If you are interested in more explanation of the voluntary market go to What is the voluntary renewable energy market to learn more.
Or find why someone would consumer renewable electricity: Such as their desire to properly disclosure electricity, do correct green house gas accounting or provide themselves with an electricity 'proof-of-purchase'.
Finally please feel free to view the 2011 residual mix figures or learn a bit about the market.
- Agenda Dutch GO Day 14 November 2018
- GO Monitoring Report 2017
- Renewable Good Practice guidance document
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- GO Monitoring 2017 Report
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer