Both markets working as one
Legislation has always played a large role in the electricity sector and this is also true for the Guarantee of Origin (GO) market. RECS international reviews and analyses European and national legislation, providing commentary to governments and advice to our members. Growth in the voluntary and small national legislative changes have dramatically changed the market in recent years.
We at RECS International hope that future legislation will bring the voluntary market and the compliance market for GOs closer together. Presenting a system where one certificate can be used for voluntary purchases, carbon accounting, proof-of-purchase or national targets.
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International