WBCSD report on corporate renewable PPAs
Using PPAs to procure renewable energy is becoming more and more standard practice. The World Business Council for Sustainable Development has now released a new report that guides companies through the process of procuring renewable power via Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
RECS International is happy to see continued developments in this field. RECS International agrees that PPAs need to be coupled with attribute tracking certificates (RECs, GOs or I-RECs) to ensure the information about the delivered electricity is reliably and transparently disclosed. Without attribute tracking certificates PPAs remain private and often unstandardized contracts. Continued standardization and development in the use of attribute tracking certificates will simplify PPAs and make them more accessible to smaller organizations.
Download the document here.
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (English version)
- MiFID II Webinar Slides
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International
- The RECS Market Meeting 2015