Swedish Energy Agency new member of the AIB
On June 9th 2017, the Swedish Energy Agency (Energimyndigheten) was accepted as a new member of the Association of Issuing Bodies (AIB). EECS certificates for production devices in Sweden are now being issued by the certificate registry CESAR, which is operated by the Agency. Guarantees of origin can be issued either in a national version, which is only transferrable within Sweden, or in an EECS version for transfer anywhere in Europe. Both types can be issued for any type of electricity production, be it renewable, fossil or nuclear. 148 million GOs were issued in Sweden during last year, of which 31 million were EECS certificates.
RECS International applaudes the developments, allowing the market for EECS-adhering guarantees of origin to grow. The membership of the Swedish Energy Agency and the connection of CESAR to the AIB Hub will facilitate the transfer of EECS certificates both to and from Sweden, and will give the Swedish Energy Agency a better insight into the European GO market and the ability to exercise membership rights.
To read full press release go here.
- Meeting details OMC and RECS GM Madrid September 2018
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015