RECS International appoints new Secretary-General, Peter is thanked
On March 7, 2016 Peter Niermeijer resigned as Secretary-General of RECS International. The former Deputy Secretary-General, Jared Braslawsky, was appointed to the position.
Peter was thanked during the RECS International General Meeting for his years of dedication to the organization. Since the inception of RECS International on December 23, 2002 Peter has been in the position of Secretary-General. The success of the guarantee of origin system in Europe was in part due to Peter's constant drive for improving the tracking system and the information consumers received about their electricity.
Peter will remain active as an advisor to RECS International and as a board member of the International REC Standard.
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International