Looking back: Seminar Groen Inkopen - Dutch Language Seminar
On the 11th of April Reconnect and RECS International organized a seminar on the procurement of renewables by the corporate industry. The seminar took place in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and was attended by some 30 people from various backgrounds: government, NGO, energy providers and commodity traders.
Corporates are increasingly taking the lead when it comes to procurement of renewable energy. Reliable attribute tracking systems, such as the Guarantee of Origin in Europe, the REC in the US and the I-REC worldwide, are providing the tools for large end consumers to take on this responsibility in a transition to a future with more renewables.
During this seminar we looked at the developments of tracking systems, corporate power contracts (PPAs) and the role of the consumer in the energy transition.
The presentations invoked lively discussions on the topic of tracking certificates and related aspects. Due to the success of this seminar there will be a follow-up later this year.
RECS International is looking at the oppertunities to organize similar national events in other countries. Contact the secretariat for more details.
- Pre Agenda Dutch GO Day 14 10 2018
- GO Monitoring Report 2017
- Renewable Good Practice guidance document
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- GO Monitoring 2017 Report
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer