Looking back: Seminar Groen Inkopen - Dutch Language Seminar
On the 11th of April Reconnect and RECS International organized a seminar on the procurement of renewables by the corporate industry. The seminar took place in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and was attended by some 30 people from various backgrounds: government, NGO, energy providers and commodity traders.
Corporates are increasingly taking the lead when it comes to procurement of renewable energy. Reliable attribute tracking systems, such as the Guarantee of Origin in Europe, the REC in the US and the I-REC worldwide, are providing the tools for large end consumers to take on this responsibility in a transition to a future with more renewables.
During this seminar we looked at the developments of tracking systems, corporate power contracts (PPAs) and the role of the consumer in the energy transition.
The presentations invoked lively discussions on the topic of tracking certificates and related aspects. Due to the success of this seminar there will be a follow-up later this year.
RECS International is looking at the oppertunities to organize similar national events in other countries. Contact the secretariat for more details.
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International