Looking back: RECs Market Meeting 2017 a big success
From Monday 20 to Wednesday 22 of March the annual RECs Market Meeting took place at the Krasnapolsky hotel in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This year’s event, entitled “Consumers driving the energy transition”, focused on end-consumers' increasing influence on the global electricity markets. With the use of attribute tracking systems electricity end-users are able to claim the use of renewable electricity and direct investments in electricity to the production of their choice.
The conference was a big success, drawing over 250 people, from more than 25 countries worldwide. We were joined by experts who spoke about target setting, international renewables procurement, Power Purchase Agreements and developing tracking systems. We were pleased to see a growing diversity in stakeholders attending the event: from market players to governments, NGOs and large corporations. The conference provided great opportunities for networking and knowledge sharing.
To get an impression of the conference, have a look at the video taken during the event.
Renewable Energy World wrote an article on corporate demand in renewable energy boosting the tracking certificates market. You can read the article here.
We look very much forward to seeing you (again) at the RECs Market Meeting in 2018! In May 2017 we will announce the location and date for next year’s event.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International