Italian market brings in EECS-GO - 'Naturally' Phases out Co-fer and RECS certificates
On December 6th, 2012 a GSE representative presented at the RECS International GO Trading Seminar that the Italian GO will join the AIB-hub by the middle of 2013. This makes the Italian GO an EECS-GO.
Italian GO certificates will become AIB-hub attached by the middle of 2013. Because the GO will be internationally tradable via the EECS system there will be limited need for the RECS certificate. The GSE representative said that the ‘old’ RECS certificate did its job in the past years and can now be phased out in place of the EECS-GO certificates.
Starting on January 1st, 2013 – an official GSE communication to come - EECS-GO imports from the rest of continental Europe will be accepted by GSE. Cancelations of non-Italian EECS-GOs can only be made by suppliers for both green products and for disclosure. The allowance of exports of Italian GOs to continental Europe will likely happen by July, 2013.
CO-FER certificates will be slowly phased out overtime. The GSE representative said there is a chance no CO-FERS will be issued in 2013.
For the slides used by the GSE representative click here
For more information on the EECS-GO certificate, the RECS certificate or international GO trading please contact the secretariat at RECS International at email@example.com.
- Agenda Involving Consumers in the Energy Transition
- GM 17/01 Agenda General meeting 20 March 2017
- GM 17/00 General meeting details 20 March 2017
- AG 17/01 Agenda I-REC Standard Advisory Group Meeting - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meeting details “Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- Agenda "Groen Inkopen” Dutch-language Seminar, 11 April 2017
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International
- The RECS Market Meeting 2015