Commission releases energy summer package with consumers highlighted not GOs
On July 15th the European Commission released the 2015 energy summer package. The summer package, "presented proposals to deliver a new deal for energy consumers, to launch a redesign of the European electricity market, to update energy efficiency labelling and to revise the EU Emissions Trading System". While the focus on the consumer was clear, there was no mention of the guarantee of origin or electricity product choice.
RECS International is supportive of providing consumers with information but is concerned that this information is not of the high quality that European citizens expect. We as an organization are concerned that the European Commission has forgotten where electricity product information comes from and how it is standardized. Strengthening the guarantee of origin together with improving disclosure regulation should be at the top of the Commission's agenda.
More information on the summer package follow this link: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-5358_en.htm
More information on the document "Delivering a New Deal for Consumers" follow this link: https://ec.europa.eu/energy/sites/ener/files/documents/1_EN_ACT_part1_v8.pdf
- Meeting details OMC and RECS GM Madrid September 2018
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015