Association of Issuing Bodies and CEER among 10 organizations calling for anti-VAT-fraud measures
A press release from Eurelectric pushes for a comprehensive implementation of the EU anti-VAT-fraud package by all 28 EU Member States.
Joining in on this call for action were the AIB, EACH, EFET, ENTSO-E, CEER, Eurelectric, Eurogas, Europex, gie and Leba.
The press release makes the claim that, "At present, only six EU Member States have transposed this set of legal measures into national law: Austria, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Romania and the United Kingdom. Hence, 22 EU Member States remain unprotected while law enforcement agencies have repeatedly reported signs of a major penetration of the gas and electricity markets by VAT fraudsters."
RECS International supports all measures to increase the credibility, reliability and robustness of electric and gas trading platforms and mechanisms. It is our hope that the other 22 Member States will join the others by transposing the anti-VAT fraud package into their national legislation.
For more information you can download the press release here.
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change