WBCSD Corporate Renewable PPAs Scaling up globally
Using PPAs to procure renewable energy is becoming more and more standard practice. The World Business Council for Sustainable Development has now released a new report that guides companies through the process of procuring renewable power via Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
RECS International is happy to see continued developments in this field. RECS International agrees that PPAs need to be coupled with attribute tracking certificates (RECs, GOs or I-RECs) to ensure the information about the delivered electricity is reliably and transparently disclosed. Without attribute tracking certificates PPAs remain private and often unstandardized contracts. Continued standardization and development in the use of attribute tracking certificates will simplify PPAs and make them more accessible to smaller organizations.
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015