RECS Magazine - Purchasing low-carbon electricity
From a consumer’s point of view, when given the choice between fossil-fuel-based or renewable electricity the smart choice is the renewable option. Why? Because renewable electricity does not cause carbon emissions and fossil-fuel-based electricity does. No informed consumer wants to be responsible for carbon emissions, but is it that simple? Can I, as a consumer, influence the type of electricity other consumers purchase? How can I even be sure that the electricity I have purchased is low-carbon?
This is the introduction to the cover story, just one of the many articles in the first edition RECS Magazine.
· Interview with Markus Schmid of WISE
· RECS Market Meeting news
· News items
· Broker's column, Max van Meer
Click on the photo below to view the first edition of the RECS magazine:
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- Development of the Guarantees of Origin Market 2016 Key Facts Report
- Agenda workshop "Consuming renewables in Japan" (Japanese version)
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015
- RECS Magazine - Encouraging demand-side action to influence production-side change
- Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
- Happy Holidays from RECS International