Launch of the GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance Report
As of January 20th, "Companies Can Now Credibly Report Emissions From Low-Carbon Electricity Purchases" according to The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, a global collaboration led by the World Resource Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). We at RECS International are pleased to see years of our work reflected in the report. Peter Niermeijer, Secretary General of RECS International is encouraged by the report, saying, "This is another step towards our goal of promoting a choice in electricity products for all electricity purchasers. The choice of these individual consumers should also be reflected in renewable support solutions that are implemented by national governments. By using the power of consumer choice we would be able to increase the cost-efficient implementation of new renewables and encourage consumer interest in renewable electricity more generally".
To view the GHGP report click on the picture below:
- Annual Report 2017
- Annual Report 2016
- Agenda seminar on development of REC/GO markets in the UK and internationally, London 25 September 2017
- Agenda seminar Renewables Good Practice (ReGP) in London, 26 September 2017
- Does the EU renewables sector need a guarantees of origin market?
- RECS International Annual Report 2017
- Interview: GO important factor in subsidy free tender Nuon
- RECS International releases the Renewables Good Practice
- RECS International Annual Report 2016
- RECS Magazine - The rise of the corporate consumer
- RECS International Annual Report 2015